Global Academy Admission Guidance provides professional guidance services for students bound for higher studies. We believe that higher education requires proper planning and clear picture to ensure that, students choose the appropriate academic pathway. Having understood this scenario, we assist students by giving comprehensive information about study opportunities in India and Abroad.
The organization have been doing our job sincerely sine the past 19 years. We continuously believe in providing professional services to students, parents and our institutional clients at all times.
The Karnataka State Law University (KSLU) is an Indian state university in Navanagar, Hubli. It was established in January, 2009 by the government of Karnataka with a campus spread over 55 acres of land. The university offers various undergraduate and postgraduate law courses in subjects such as Constitutional Law, Intellectual Property Rights, Business and Trade Law Criminal Law and International Law. Nearly 92 law colleges of Karnataka are affiliated to it. Its motto is "Indian Roots and Global Heights".
“Law” is the one of the most basic parts of our constitution. And law education is the only legal education in India that students can go after. The students who complete this course are designated with the post of a “Lawyer”. The Law degree started in India in the year 1987 as a three-year programme granted under the Advocate Act, 1961. The BCI (Bar Council of India) is the chief regulatory body of our Law education. The “Law Commission of India” decided to set up a University for Law Education to raise the academic standard of the legal profession in India in the year 1985. After that, the first law University in India got formed in Bangalore, which was named as the “National Law School of India University” commonly known as the “NLS”. That was the time when the first LLB degree was started in India.
Law is regarded as one of the most prestigious courses after 12th. In India, students can take up the legal degree once they’ve completed a graduation degree in any discipline.
It is a 5 year undergraduate course
Admissions to the first year of the 5 year B.A., LL.B. integrated course, in all colleges under the jurisdiction of Karnataka State Law University, is strictly based on merit, based on the marks secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination.
To be eligible for admission in the 5-year B.A., LL.B. integrated course, the candidate should:
- have successfully completed Pre-University course or Senior Secondary School course ('+2') or equivalent such as (11+1, 'A' level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course) from a recognised University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognised by the Union or by the State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognised by the government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course, may apply for and be admitted into the course.
- Provided that applicants who have obtained +2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission to the course. Provided further that the applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation or post graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission to the course.
- Age be or be less than twenty years in the case of general category of applicants and less than twenty two years in the case of applicants from SC, ST, and other backward communities as on 1st June.
- Have secured marks, which shall not be below 45% (44.5% and above shall be treated as 45%) of total marks in qualifying examination, in case of general category applicants and 40% (39.5% and above shall be treated as 40%) of total marks in case of SC and ST applicants.
Officially recognized by the University Grants Commission of India (UGC), Karnataka State Law University (KSLU) is a coeducational Indian higher education institution..
Bachelor of legislative laws is the undergraduate professional degree that is chased by students to get into a legal profession. The full form of LLB is Legum Baccalaureus, Latin term for Bachelor of Laws.
The course covers legal procedures, legal principles, ideals of corporate governance, and laws and regulations of countries. There are ample career opportunities in India after completing LLB.
LLB graduates can enter three major organs of the Government— Legislature, Executive and Judiciary. Perhaps, LLB opens the door to a wide set of opportunities that cannot be boasted by other career options.
Below are some of the major options available to LLB graduates after completion of their courses:
- Government services
- Legal advisor
- Legal outsourcing
- Private companies
- Higher education
- Writer of Law books/ Reports / Journals
- Legal analyst
- Legal researcher & many more…
Overall, completing an LLB is one of the first steps to a successful career as there are numerous opportunities for you to pursue a successful career. Know the options well, and choose wisely before you take up a career path.
I had a great experience to learn with Global Academy. Study material is so helpful and they provide previous years question papers too. Thank you
Aabel Lona Martin
At Global Academy, we understand the need for financial support necessary to give wings to your dreams. That’s why we provide educational loan support for you. More.