BEd in Special Education is a 2.5-year professional course that focuses on providing special and advanced skills and training to teachers to educate children with physical and mental disorders viz. hearing impairment, visual impairment, locomotors disability, autism, etc. The B.Ed. Special Education through distance education is designed to provide higher education needs of aspiring graduates who wish to involve in teaching and service children with disabilities. The main objective of this programme is to prepare human resources to enable them to acquire knowledge and develop competencies and skills to impart education and training effectively to children with disability as well as all other children
- BEd Special Education aims to develop special educators for students with hearing impairment, locomotor disability, visual impairment, autism, and multiple disabilities.
- This course deals with the education of those students for whom the teaching procedures are to be individually planned and monitored systematically.
- BEd Special Education graduates can work as Counsellor, Tutor, Content Writer, etc with NGOs, Educational Institutes, Media Houses, etc
- BEd Special Education focus areas for training are self-help skills, activities for daily living, socialization, language promotion, and motor cognitive skills.
- Teacher in a special school/unit/class
- Teacher in a regular school
- Resource/Remedial Teacher in a regular school.
- Teacher in Hospital School
- Special Educator in Child Guidance Clinic and Social Service Organization
Duration of the special B. Ed course is 2. 5 years (5 semesters)
The candidate should have 17 years or above to admit to the course
The Tamil Nadu Open University was established by an Act (No.27 of 2002) of the Legislative Assembly of the Government of Tamil Nadu to benefit those who have been deprived of and/or denied the access to higher education especially destitute, physically challenged, working men and women, economically weaker sections of the society, and those who discontinued education for various reasons, etc. With a view to increasing the access to higher education and improving the quality of education offered through the open and distance learning modes by coordinating such provisions in the state, the Government of Tamil Nadu established.
- University Grants Commission - Distance Education Bureau
- National Council for Teacher Education
- Rehabilitation Council of India
Academic counselling about the course, universities etc.
Step 2- Documents submission
The candidates should send the complete scanned academic certificates from SSLC to the given mail address. The incomplete or unclear certificates should be rejected from the selection process.
Step 3- Document verification
The academic documents will be forwarded to the University for Verification.
Step 4- Selection notice and registration
Within 7 working days, the documents will be verified and the selected candidates will be intimated through Email and the candidates will be registered in the University. In this step, the originals of the certificates should be submitted to the university.
Step 5- Admission to special B. Ed
The candidates can start their special B. Ed
- Original certificate of SSLC, +2, and degree
- Mark list of +2, and degree (3 years)
- TC certificate
- Id proof
Our institution will provide study materials, syllabus and previous year’s question papers in a timely basis.
The specialization areas of special B. Ed are,
- Intellectual development disability
- Hearing impairment
- Visual impairment
- Candidate should pass the entrance examination conduct by the university
- Educational Qualification: Candidates need to have completed their graduation in any stream (that is, Arts, Science or Commerce) with at least a 50% mark.